ClickMechanic launch a new site that boosts conversion by 50%
About Andrew Jervis and ClickMechanic
Andrew is founder of ClickMechanic – an online service that lets you access a network of freelance mobile mechanics. You get a quote and book a car repair online – and voila, a vetted mechanic comes over to pick up and fix your car.
Why did ClickMechanic want to launch a new site?
- How customers would react to a new business model that allowed them to choose which mechanic turned up to fix their car
- Any concerns that might stop customers from booking a mechanic in general
- Any specific concerns around the concept of booking a mechanic online
- Any concerns that might stop customers from booking a mechanic via ClickMechanic
How did ClickMechanic use remote UX testing?
What did ClickMechanic achieve from remote UX testing?
- Creating a “Need help?” box that pops up on the “Get a quote” page and answers customers’ most important questions
- Getting validation from testers that a booking summary right before payment increased customer confidence and conversion
- Including a walk-through page that helps customers find out which kind of repairs they’ll need
Try this for yourself, now.
Understand your audience better with a free, 7-day trial of WhatUsersDo
What does Andrew think about remote UX testing?
When you make changes to your business, it’s never 100% the right answer – even though you do everything you can. You need to make sure all the changes are the right ones for customers, and are made for the right reasons. Those are exactly the kinds of answers testing with WhatUserDo provides. We can feel confident we’re doing the things we should be doing rather than saying, 'Let’s do XYZ and pray that it works.
Tips for launching a new website
Don’t base your design decisions on your hunches or what your team likes – it will cost you money
Get insights on what real customers actually want by involving them – it will make you money
Run remote UX tests at the beginning of the design process, as you optimise design options, and at the end, to validate your final design decisions
What does your audience think about your site or app?
Why not see for yourself?
Our platform captures the candid thoughts of your customers, users, or prospects as they use your site or app.
We'd like to get you started by connnecting with 3 of them, right now.
Understand your audience to improve the metrics that matter to you — it's simple.